Thursday, April 22, 2010

Growing Up!

I think I probably say this alot...but here lately I feel like Cameron is really growing up. He laughs at silly games I play with him, not only reaches out when he wants me to pick him up, but will army crawl to me to get in my lap. It's amazing to think about all he has/continues to take in on a daily basis. I am so thankful for the opportunity to be at home with him each and every day. I love the fact that I don't miss anything with him. I'm so glad I am the one who is able to show new things to him, and introduce stuff to him for the first time. When we go about our days at home he helps me with little chores and I talk him through it while we do things (doing the laundry, planting flowers, picking things out to eat).

I really think he is starting to understand things so much more now. He gives me these looks every now and then like he is just studying my eyes and smile. If he only knew how many times he took at nap and I just sat there and studied his sweet little face...doesn't get any more perfect than that sweet smile and that little dimple on his left cheek. My heart continues to grow for him everyday. Time is going by so fast. When we are out and I see newborns I realize just how much my "newborn" has changed. His sweet little personality is really coming to life and I couldn't be happier with this gift God has given me.


Cameron can hold his own sippy cup and pick up food and put it in his mouth. He is so good with his little fingers, especially spinning things with his thumb. He really loves Elmo now and bounces up and down when I play this Elmo duck video. He still watches Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and I still run in to get him no matter what I'm doing when the Hot Dog song comes on. He also stops whatever he is doing knowing that I'm about to grab him for our little dance.

He is still nursing for his primary food source but is eating more and more table food. We just kinda skipped the whole jar baby food stage. He ate over half of my yogurt this morning and enjoys ANYTHING that I'm eating. He is growing strong and healthy and for that I am so thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment