Tuesday, May 4, 2010

9 Months Old!




Today my little baby boy is 9 months old! Jason has been saying it will be funny when we reach 9 months because we will have had him here with us just as long as he was in the womb...crazy to think about it like that. My has he grown since December 8th 2008 the first time we saw him. He is such a happy little guy!

His 9 month check-up isn't for another 2 weeks but I can tell he has gotten much taller and thinner. He is looking more and more like a little boy and less like a little baby. It is really noticeable when I go back and look at pictures from the previous months.

He can now army crawl clear across the room. He is still not up on his knees but that's not stopping him from getting to go where he wants to go. He very well may end up just walking next instead of the tradition crawl..we shall see. This past Thursday he also pulled up from bottom to standing on his own for the first time! I was sitting on the floor in front of the dryer pulling out things to fold and he was sitting right in front of me on the floor. All of a sudden he grabbed onto the dryer lip and pulled himself up.
I was so proud of him! Today he was in his crib (which by the way he is RARELY in) and did this:

So we already lowered his pack-n-play once he pulled up but now it's also time to lower his crib. Daddy installed safety locks on our dangerous cabinets in the kitchen and bathroom (which we both forget about everytime we open a cabinet). It's kinda sad in a way because I feel like he is growing up so fast (it's a happy sad kinda thing). I think I need to get moving on a few other baby-proofing things around our house too! The newborn baby days are over for Cameron--to think he is only 3 months away from being a one-year-old blows my mind!

Here are a few other pics from our little world lately

My friend Marianne is getting married in August!! (yay!) Jason and I helped host a shower for her and made some chocolate covered strawberries--we had a little extra chocolate so I dipped some apple slices too. That morning I decided to let Cameron have some fun and let us know if they were any good. I think he liked them!



I think I ate too much!

Last night I was in the kitchen fixing a bowl of ice cream when all of a sudden I heard a loud cry. Jason and Cameron were working on some puzzels and apparently Cameron dropped one of the boards on his face! Poor guy and right next to his eye! I let him share my mint chocolate chip and it helped it feel better. I'm afraid that now he is becoming more mobile the boo-boo's might increase :(. I'll do my best to prevent the ones I can though.

Making his specialty omlettes..with a little help!


So very handsome!


No comments:

Post a Comment