Monday, January 11, 2010

New Year and Oatmeal!

This year for New Years I felt really old....Our friends Andrew, Lesley and their daughter Savannah came to spend New Years with us! We went to El Caz for dinner and then came back here for a low-key night. Jason and Andrew got their xbox fix (minor addiction) while Lesley and I played with our little ones and talked about diapers-- Huggies, pampers, naptimes, lack of sleep ect. Neither of us stayed up to see the ball drop...sometimes sleep is just more important! Happy New Years!
These pictures are not always easy




this is new.....
Yesterday was a big day--well atleast in my books. Cameron had his first bit of oatmeal! Jason kinda laughed at me because for quite sometime now Cameron has tasted little things here and there anyways. This weekend Mom, Dad, Nathan, Cambre, Jason, Cameron and I all went to Newks for lunch. Afterwards, we went over to Yogurt Mountain for dessert--yummy! Anyways I had a hard time getting a bit in myself since I had big guy in my lap reaching for my spoon of ice cream everytime I tried to bring it to my mouth. The same thing happened the previous weekend when Jason and I went to Costco and visited the snack bar for ice cream...ok so maybe he isn't really interested in food but really likes ice cream--who can blame him?

Last night we pulled out the box of organic oatmeal and mixed 1 tablespoon with 4 tablespoons of my pumped milk--it was pretty soupy and barely could stay on the spoon, but he seemed to like it! He took several bites before getting a little fussy--which turns out he could see the exersaucer in the kitchen and was more interested in playing at the moment. I don't think the oatmeal will be a part of our daily routine yet but I'm glad he seemed to like it. We worked so hard in the beginning to get breastfeeding to work for us and I plan on continuing until he is a year old--but I am excited for him to get to try some new flavors soon!
Our happy boy!


Stephanie--we really love this!

Oh yeah and on a not-so-healthy note Cambre got a fryer from Nathan for Christmas--we had a fry party!! We still need to tweak a few of the receipes but we had fun with cheese sticks, pickles and fried oreos (sounds terrible for you doesn't it...but every once and awhile I figure you can splurge)

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Looks good. Cameron is a cutie! I can't believe what a big boy he is:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you like the wrap! He looks so cute in it :) These pictures of Cameron trying oatmeal are precious. Do you know what food you will try next?

    ReplyDelete