Friday, October 8, 2010

Happy Fall!







I love the month of October! I am definitely a warm-weather kinda gal and can't stand being cold..however after sweltering Alabama summer heat the crisp cooler (not cold) temperatures are quite refreshing. I love the smell of pumpkin, spice, apple and cider. It doesn't get much prettier than when all the leaves turn bright red, orange and yellow. My favorites decorations are our Fall decorations. Now that we have a little one the decorations are even more fun because he is starting to enjoy them too.

Here are my favorite napkin rings my sister gave me several years ago for my birthday.

Who doesn't love the candy corn pumpkins? I have already eaten way too many of these. Cameron has had one or two as well--if you click on the picture you can see...(we haven't used our baby bjorn in several months, however Jason and I are considering a vacation and I was wondering if he would still fit in this-- (says it goes up to 25 lbs...but he sure looks big in it!)

Jason and I got married in October of 2006 and had our reception at the American Village Barn in Montevallo. In the front of the barn we had haystacks, pumpkins and two scarecrows. When we returned from our honeymoon in St. Lucia my parents had set up the scarecrows on our front porch. This year I pulled them out of the attic and set them up in the same place. Cameron LOVES the scarecrows! Every morning we go outside to check the temperature and Cameron always waves and points at them with a huge grin on his face. If he wakes up a little early from a nap and isn't a happy camper I automatically know what to do to cheer him up.

He also has these pumpkin lights that I strung in his room (probably mid-Sept) that he gets so excited about. In fact they stay on all day. The other day I was in another room and I heard his getting SO excited...I came in his room and he had discovered how to turn the lights on all by himself. He was so proud!

He was such a big help decorating!
(ignore the mis-matched pajamas
I know I can pick this up!

Today I got out his trick-or-treating pumpkin and he carried it around all morning long.
I can't wait to take him this year down our street. Last year he was just shy of 3 months at Halloween so of course we stayed on the front porch and passed out candy. Halloween is a BIG deal in our neighborhood. You have to have a pass to come into the neighborhood because they want to keep as few cars as possible on the road since there are so many kiddos out and about. It really is a fun time! We learned after our first year that a few bags of candy just won't cut it...unfortunately we actually had to start handing out packs of peanut butter crackers (that doesn't go over well with kids expecting candy)

Happy Fall Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment