Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Lots of Changes

Cameron just 3 days shy of 4 months!
I can hold my head up so good now! I'm very proud of myself!
sleeping next to the Christmas tree
I'm a pretty happy baby
He loves his jumper now

My little guy (not so little anymore--14lbs) is changing so fast! I still feel like I'm learning new things about him each day and trying to figure out what is best for him. He is so much fun and getting smarter each day! He understands when it's bedtime and tries to stall--isn't it too early for that? I'm always "googling" things to try and figure out what other moms do about napping and sleeping and feeding ect...sometimes I wonder if I make things harder on him by answering his every little cry or if I am comforting him and doing the right thing? For instance is it bad that he sleeps in his swing during the day? Should he be napping two hours in the morning? Right now the swing is off and he is asleep because I don't know if he is getting too used to moving and needs that to sleep? He is really an excellent baby and seems very happy. As long as he is healthy, happy and growing I suppose I'm not doing too bad. He brings me so much joy. This morning we were walking around the house him cradled in my arms while I sang Christmas songs to him...he would just look up and grin at me...those are the moments where I feel he is telling me "your doing good mom..don't worry". He rarely cries--only seen a few tears (most of which happen when he has been in his carseat for awhile and I can't get to him since I'm driving). I have a feeling I'll see a few more tears next Monday when we go in for his 4 month appoint. and second round of shots--yikes! not looking forward to that day. This time daddy gets to come with us...he'll understand what I'm talking about.

At the beginning of November we took our big trip to Disney World with Grandmommy and Grandaddy and had a wonderful time!!! We camped in the pop-up at Fort Wilderness for 11 nights!! Cameron slept better than he has ever slept. I assume that is because he didn't get his long naps during the day and was exhausted by bedtime. Grandmommy and Grandaddy made things really nice for Daddy and I and took care of little guy several times while we rode things that we wouldn't have been able to do otherwise. Cameron saw so many lights, heards lots of sounds and was so stimulated. I really think he enjoyed it. Since he won't remember this trip I will have to convince Jason that we need to go back sooner than later :)
Our family of three at the Magic Kingdom


Grandmommy and Jason with pastries--suprise!


Grandaddy is so funny--he makes me laugh!


Cameron's face during the Spectromagic light parade--he watched the entire 30 min. parade with his face like this! It was both Jason and my highlight of the trip! He loved it! It was amazing! Can't you tell?

We are getting ready for Christmas--our house is decorated, half of our lights are up outside and our tree looks great. We really want to teach Cameron what the meaning of Christmas is all about and even though he may not understand right now we can show him love and teach by example through our daily actions. We plan on eating our sausage egg cheese casserole, drinking hot chocolate, with our fire going and Christmas tree shining. I'd like to get into the tradition of reading him the Christmas story from the Bible each year. I want him to know the name Jesus not just Santa Clause. This coming Sunday we plan on having Cameron baptized---he likes baths so maybe he will enjoy the water on his head :) I'm hoping we can make it there on time, with a clean gown, and a happy baby...is that too much to ask for?


I am beyond blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Love all the new pics of Cameron! He is precious! I use to also worry a lot about Eli and his naps/sleeping at night. At four months I let him "cry" it out bc thats what everyone told me I had to do so he would learn to self soothe. He made himself sick and when I went in to get him he was covered in through up. I felt AWFUL and vowed I would never let him get that upset again. And he ended up growing out of it all naturaly, and now he sleep great for naps and at night! Every baby is different and you just have to do what you feel in your heart is right for you and Cameron. A baby can never be too loved if you ask me!!

    ReplyDelete