Monday, August 9, 2010

Birthday Party continued...



Saturday we had a small little birthday party with family for Cameron. Jason finally had a great excuse to upgrade our grill and get rid of the one that we purchased with the house. We had such a great time celebrating with the people we love and whom we know will continue to help us shape and influence Cameron's life.

Round two of the birthday song went much better! He smiled the entire time and scanned the room looking at each person singing to him! What a memorable moment!

I made a giant cupcake for him. Chocolate on the bottom and strawberry on the top with homemade cream cheese icing dyed blue, with tiny colorful fish sprinkles on top.

I had bought this pan before I was even pregnant hoping to use it for our future baby's 1st birthday. I can't believe that day has already come and gone. Cameron did as I expected and started picking at all the sprinkles. He never completely smashed the cake but seemed to enjoy the icing the most. Daddy helped him get into it a little more.


He did however make a huge mess and went straight to the bathtub before he opened up all his gifts. He has been playing with all of his new toys and I think Jason and I are almost as excited as he is about new things to play with! :)


Jason did an excellent job on his Big Green Egg cooking our beef and chicken kabobs. He also grilled some sprimp. I have a feeling we are going to be grilling EVERYTHING from now on. He is just a little bit excited about his new toy.

I'm so proud and even more in love with my little guy than I was 12 months ago. Happy Birthday Big Guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment