Thursday, October 8, 2009

2 month check up and tears....


As of this past Sunday Cameron is 2 months old! He is growing and changing so much each day. He amazes me. This morning was rough! Today we went in for his two month check-up. First of all I had to wake him from his morning nap in his swing to put him in his car seat..he was not happy about that. Once we had him back on the scale he was starting to calm down and was smiling and cooing in my lap in our room while our Doctor was checking him out...that is until our nurse brought in 3 shots! The nurse held his legs down while I held his passie and rubbed his head. I saw my sons first tear roll down his little check and heard a cry that I had never heard from him before. I also had a couple tears roll down my check. I knew it was going to be hard but it was worse than I thought it would be. I think our nurse actually had a hard time giving them to him as well (she is quite fond of my little man--she calls him her "little roly poly". After that was down and he was trying to catch his breath I asked if I could just sit in the room and nurse him to calm him down. That worked great until we had to leave eventually and get in the car--thankfully our house is only about 4-5 min. away from our pediatrician. So we came home and little man got to eat until he feel asleep. If he were a little older I would have taken him to any toy store he wanted to pick out a toy and then hit up dairy queen for a frozen treat--for now milk will have to do.

Cameron's stats at 2 months:
Weight: 9lb 13oz
Height: 23 inches
Head: 15 1/2

1 comment:

  1. aww, i teared up a little just thinking about you crying in the doctor's office! i need to come see you again soon!!

    ReplyDelete