Thursday, January 22, 2009

12 week appointment!

Monday Jason and I went to my 12 week Dr.'s appointment. Our baby now REALLY looks like a baby, not a dot, shrimp or gummy bear. He had long chicken legs and looked so relaxed. He/She had one arm propped on his head and the other with his thumb in his mouth. A couple of time it looked like our little one had the hiccups. It was so exciting to be able to make out a face profile with a little nose. Our baby was 2 and 1/2 inches about the size of a lime now! It was absolutely amazing to see how much our little one had grown since we had last seen him/her 3 weeks ago. Now I will not go back for another 4 weeks (to do the regular check-up stuff and listen to the heartbeat). Luckily since Heather gave me her baby beat, I can hear our little ones heartbeat whenever I want to...it is very comforting! The heartbeat is about 175bmp. Everything looked great! We are so thankful! We can't wait to find out if our little lime is a "he" or "she", a little over 7 weeks to go and then I can start to decorate our nursery and call him/her by name. :)

So far there is a very very small baby bump, not enough for anyone else to really notice. I can still wear most of my pants and for the ones that are a little tight I bought a bella band at target so I can just zip my pants and not be uncomfortable with my buttons poking into my belly. Actually, I'm excited to be showing soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment